Chinese Global Engagement Abroad: Changing Social, Economic, and Political Configurations
Chinese global engagement abroad: Chaning social, economic, and political configurations. An international conference for PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers
- 5 – 6 July 2019
- The School of Humanities and Social Sciences, HKUST, Hong Kong
- French Centre for Research on Contemporary China (CEFC)
- The School of Humanities and Social Science, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
With the support of:
- National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations (INALCO, Paris)
- The French Research Institute on East Asia (IFRAE)
- Research Institute on Contemporary Southeast Asia (IRASEC)
- See below the pdf version of this call for papers
Who can apply ?
The Conference is designed for doctoral candidates and post-doctoral researchers in humanities and social sciences.
Registration details and schedule
A paper title and abstract (500 – 600 words), and a briedf bio in English is to be sent by 15 March 2019 by applying through CEFC application website The selected participants will be notified by 15 April 2019 The final paper (up to 8000 words) should be sent by 1st June 2019
Alpermann Bjorn (University of Würzburg) Judith Audin (CEFC) Sébastien Billoud (CEFC) Jean-Pierre Cabestan (Hong Kong Baptist University) Bu Maoliang (Nanjing University) Sébastien Colin (National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations, Paris) Eric Florence (CEFC) Ivan Franceschini (Australian National University) Nicholas Loubere (Lund University) Ching Kwan Lee (University of California, Los Angeles) David O’brien (University of Nottingham) Florence Padovani (CFC, CEFC) David Palmer (The University of Hong Kong) Judith Pernin (CEFC) Céline Pierdet (CEFC) Christoph Steinhardt (The University of Vienna) Kellee Tsai (Hong Kong University of Science and Techonology) June Wang (City University of Hong Kong) Zhan Zhang (Università della Svizzera italiana) Yu Zheng (University of London).
- The pdf version of this call for papers can be downloaded here
- Information about this call for papers is also availble at CEFC website.